Getting your Blog On

I found out via both The Astronomy Blog and Cosmic Variance that this is De-Lurker Week. Translation: If you’re listening, you are encouraged to say “hi” and wave from the comments section.

It’s a slow news week. It appears everything was saved up for the AAS meeting, and now the well of discoveries runs dry. Comet McNaught is the media wonder child of the moment, but from here in the way too cold mid-West, all I can say is “I see clouds.”

On a separate note, I was interviewed by Aaron Price of Slackapedia Galactica, and a former colleague from Slacker Astronomy. You can find the interview here.

Tagged as: ,

1. Kevin January 16, 2007 at 10:16 pm #

“Hi!”

2. Kevin January 16, 2007 at 10:23 pm #

Umm… Pamela… DeLurker Week was *last* week, according to the original link on Cosmic Variance.

We’re a week late!! Unless we can use some kind of time-dilation causality effect to get back there.:)

3. Pamela January 16, 2007 at 10:48 pm #

Hmmm, everyone at Cosmic Variance must be running really fast so their week spanned two of our weeks.

4. Jesse January 17, 2007 at 6:36 am #

Hi Pamela,

Regardless of whether you’re a week late or early I figured it was a good time to de-cloak and say hello. I have greatly enjoyed listening to you and Fraiser on Astronomy Casts (thanks to the Bad Astronomer for turning me on to the podcast starting at Episode 1), and have just recently discovered your blog.

Thanks for taking the time and I look forward to Episode 19.

Jesse

ps. Yeah, the weather here in Detroit is nothing but clouds as well. So much for the brightest comet in 30 years. Maybe next time. :-)

5. Jesse January 17, 2007 at 6:37 am #

Oops! Just read my post. So much for formatted text. Ah well……

6. Zach in Israel January 17, 2007 at 7:14 am #

Hi I’ve been a big fan of yours for some time having been listening to Slacker Astronomy and Now Astronomy Cast while I commute.

I’m an backyard astronomer in Israel (which is kind of a hard place to be one) and have a BA in physics from Brandeis University. I’m also thinking about doing an MA via Swinborne.

7. Stuart January 18, 2007 at 12:23 pm #

I just spotted your post and thought I should return the comment. Compared to a year, being late by a week is well within 10 percent of the right time. That is my excuse and I’m sticking to it.

8. Grant January 19, 2007 at 4:20 pm #

Hi Pamela… I friended you on facebook some time ago. Like another poster, I listen to Astronomy Cast when I commute. I’m a big fan.

*re-lurks*

9. Ronen January 20, 2007 at 3:01 am #

Another fan of Astronomy Cast. I am actually listening to it as I am typing this comment. Just writing to say hi & thanks.

10. Sara January 20, 2007 at 12:06 pm #

Very interesting stuff – I have enjoyed reading your blog. Thank you :)

11. Doc Kinne January 24, 2007 at 9:24 am #

…and I thought the interview with Aaron was fantastic!

12. zihptc May 23, 2007 at 3:33 pm #

Hello! You have an outstanding good and well structured site.
    I’ll be back.