Munich Day 2: Walking. A Lot.

Today I walked.

A lot.

Click to down load this image big (much credit to Google Maps).

The green line is my path.

munichwalk-line-sm.jpg

I also so a crazy person. The video below is one I took of someone surfing a flooding canal. He kept doing this – everytime he fell, he’s get back on his board. It was very weird.

I’ll try and upload a video, but YouTube from my hotel room is not a happy website.

1. Beth April 6, 2008 at 8:58 pm #

What a walk! And it’s amazing you can map that out and post it. Get some sleep.

2. Freiddie April 6, 2008 at 9:32 pm #

That’s a reaaaaally long walk. I would have been really tired even 25% of the way.

3. John M. April 7, 2008 at 3:46 pm #

Munich is great for walking though. It was my destination the first time I ever travelled outside the US. Say hello to the Marienplatz, and have some Weiss sausage for me.

4. Saye April 7, 2008 at 6:05 pm #

Hi Dr. Gay!
    I’m a lit professor but astronomy is my “second calling.”I just wanted to say how much I enjoy Astronomy Cast.I drive about an hour to work each day (yeah, don’t ask about my carbon footprint), and the podcasts have been great company.

Saye

5. Doc Kinne April 8, 2008 at 10:21 am #

How Crazy Are You?? 🙂

Scale! What’s the scale on the map, Pamela? How completely crazy were you? Was the walk 5km or 25km??

Yes, I’m being a nudge. 🙂

6. Jorge Schrauwen April 8, 2008 at 11:13 am #

Look around 7kmish to me 🙂

7. Martin April 9, 2008 at 4:38 am #

Hi Pamela,

I really like Astronomy Cast and hope you’re enjoying/have enjoyed my adopted home town of Munich!

That’s quite an impressive walk you did. I like to do a similar, shorter, one that starts at the Deutsche Museum instead of Marienplatz, goes up the river and ends up at the Biergarten in the English Garden! 🙂

Surfers are a common sight at that spot when the weather (and water) gets warmer.

Have a good trip,
    Martin

8. Chuck April 10, 2008 at 2:47 pm #

Hi Dr. Gay,

Your walk seems similar to the walk I took in Munchen, and I remember that being a loooooonnngggg day. It’s a beautiful city, though. Did you have time for any of the beer halls?