1. David B April 9, 2008 at 5:37 pm #

Pamela, Hope to make it to Castle Hill on Friday night. Hope you enjoy Cambridge its a a beautiful place. I will travel up from Hitchin on the train and if possible convince my son to come along too. I am a fairly new listener to Astronomy Cast but am now hooked. Regards David

2. Dennis April 9, 2008 at 5:42 pm #

See you there for a pint or two! Hope you are enjoying your stay. The weather is normally better than this in spring. Usually warm rain!

3. SkiCarver April 10, 2008 at 3:08 am #

Hi,

I will brave the throng, as long as you don’t mind me harassing you with stupid questions on various topics!

Ski.

4. Peter Marsh April 10, 2008 at 2:57 pm #

Hope to get to The Castle tomorrow evening, unpredictable work pattern permitting, but should I not make it to offer my thanks to you in person for your podcasting exploits then perhaps you would accept them via this medium.

5. SkiCarver April 11, 2008 at 2:45 pm #

What happened? (I did manage to get some book shopping in though!)

Ski.

6. pamela April 11, 2008 at 4:54 pm #

It was a great evening. The pub was very crowded and I’m a bit concerned people didn’t find us. There were two fans, 1 other podcaster (Chris Smith from Naked Scientist), and 4 other AAVSOers. Full report to come!

7. SkiCarver April 11, 2008 at 5:08 pm #

I’m afraid I didn’t find you. I had a good rummage through the place, asked a few people/groups and asked at the bar (they knew nothing) but to no avail. where were you?

Ski.

8. pamela April 11, 2008 at 5:15 pm #

Hi Ski – we were outside for a while because it was so crowded, and then we were in the back side room. I’m so sorry you missed us. I need to find a better way to not lose people at these things.

9. SkiCarver April 11, 2008 at 5:34 pm #

oh well, never mind eh! I geuss the world didn’t stop spinning 😉

Maybe you could get one of those head band things with springs sticking up with a couple of little planets bobbing around on the ends. I’m sure i would have spotted you then!

or maybe wear a space-suit…

I have lots of not very helpful suggestions, but ill stop there.

Anyway, more book-shopping tomorrow. 🙂

Ski.

10. David B April 12, 2008 at 7:12 am #

Hi Pamela
    Yes I missed you too, such a crowded place. Unfortuanetely I couldn’t make it until 7pm. But my son came with me so we just had a pint and left. Seemed like a lot of after work drinkers. Looked around a few times without spotting anybody who looked like an astonomer!!!!

11. Dennis April 12, 2008 at 9:55 am #

It was great to meet you Pamela. She was there til 9.30ish! Thanks for answering my question. I hope it wasn’t too dumb. Thanks again for a great podcast. (And you too Fraser!)