Just pulling stuff into one place. I’m just going to let the numbers speak for themselves.
From “Fighting the Gender Gap“:
- In 1994-1995, female students typically scored 50 points lower on Physics SAT II
- In 1994 Women typically scored 150 points lower on Physics GRE, even when comparing male and female students who otherwise perform identically academically
- In 2003, women earned 22% of the physics and 46% of the Astronomy Bachelors degrees
- In 2003, women earned 18%Â¬â€ physics and 26% of astronomy PhD
- In 2005, women made of 10% of the physics and 14% of the astronomy faculty
- “Even when working in the same sector for the same number of years, womenâ€šÃ„Ã´s salaries are lower than menâ€šÃ„Ã´s in physics and related fields.”